One of our Calvert Sticks family member, Skip James, passed away on February 5th.
Skip helped Calvert Sticks behind the scenes for the past few years. He helped maintain the site, build the store, handle registrations and more. He was a gentle soul and a tremendous help.
As a way to honor Skip and thank him for his help with our non profit, we are starting the Skip James Scholarship and will sponsor children that are unable to afford the fees to play field hockey.
If you need help with fees or know of someone that would like to play but needs help with the fees, please send a confidential email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rest in Peace Skip James
Calvert Sticks will continue to follow the guidelines of set forth by Governor Larry Hogan, the CDC, and USA Field Hockey:
- Limit training groups size inside the facility.
- Limit attendance to those that can confirm no symptoms of COVID-19 for the past 14 days.
- Parents and spectators are not allowed in the facility, only drop off and pick up.
- Limiting shared equipment to balls and cones, no handling of shared equipment.
- Athletes use own pinnie, stick, gloves, shin guards, corner masks, water bottle, towels and personal hygiene products.
- No high fives or handshakes.
- Participants and staff should notify Calvert Sticks, if they become sick with COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or a confirmed or suspected case. Calvert Sticks will advise those who have had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 to stay home, self-monitor for symptoms, and follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop. They will need to have a negative COVID-19 test result sent to Calvert Sticks prior to returning to any events.
Calvert Sticks, Inc. is a non-profit organization and we rely on parent volunteers. Additionally, we offer discounted registration fee in exchange for taking on significant volunteer positions. For ways you can volunteer please contact Melissa Brown Carter at
Calvert Sticks is excited to announce that our Travel Team registration is OPEN!!
Our Calvert Sticks Development Program for our younger girls will open soon.
Club Team Age Group :
U10 Birth Years 2012, 2013
U12 Birth Years 2010-2011
U14 Birth Years 2008-2009
U16 Birth Years 2006-2007
U19 Birth Years 2003, 2004 & 2005
Cost is $325.00 for the season, and practice is two days per week.
Each travel team will play in 4 tournament events. An additional registration fee will be requested for U16 and U19 teams that qualify for a National Indoor Tournament.
Check list for the Winter Season:
Registered and current member of USA Field Hockey valid through March 2022
Indoor tennis shoes, indoor stick, mouth guard, shin guards, water bottle
We strongly encourage players to wear gloves during the indoor season
All Calvert Sticks members must be a current member of USA Field Hockey
(To register go to the USAFH website)
Club Practice Schedule:
All practices will be held at the Calverton School/Calvert Fieldhouse, or a public school in the Prince Frederick/Huntingtown area. We will start in November and run weekly through mid Feb 2022. Given the holidays, we will not practice or have tournaments between December 22 - January 2nd.
Registration and fees are non-refundable.
We are excited for another great indoor season!
Calvert Sticks is a non-profit field hockey club located in Calvert County, MD. Our mission is to promote the development of field hockey players in southern Maryland. We have developmental teams and travel teams.
If you are interested please let us know by email at email@example.com or go to the Calvert Sticks Facebook page
Welcome to your Team Store. You can buy team gear for players, siblings, relatives or anyone you want.
They make great gifts and help support Calvert Sticks Field Hockey
The Store sells brand name apparel such as Nike, Badger, Under Armour and North Face in youth and adult sizes.
If you need almost any kind of gear such as coaches gear or lightweight or winter coats let us know and we can show you squad lockers selection
Support your Team. This will help us keep our prices down for Team registrations and activities
Time to Gear Up Sticks!!
If you are looking for a style or size you don't see we can probably get it for you. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you go to the store you will have to sign up and log in so they can keep track of your orders
Use store link below.